Sending a Notice to Stop Neighbors Causing Disturbances

| March 20, 2017

Have problems with neighbors causing disturbances? There are a few approaches you can take. You could notify the neighbor in person, call the police, or you could put up a sign, for starters. But you could also send them a letter to put them on notice. We’ve put together a sample below. When you send a letter like this, make sure to send it certified mail and to notify law enforcement, if appropriate.


500 Main Street
Anytown, USA 00000

January 1, 2010

John Appleseed
1234 High Street
Anytown, USA 00000

Dear Mr. Appleseed:

I live around the corner from you. I regret to inform you that your late night parties, most recently during the evening of December 30, are disruptive and a nuisance to your neighbors. We understand that you have a right to enjoy the use of your property, but not at the expense of trash, noise, and cars parked on your lawn.

It would be greatly appreciated if you kept noise levels to a minimum. This is a residential neighborhood, and most people have gone to sleep by 10pm. A little consideration for your neighbors would be most welcome. Please contact me at (555) 555-1212 if you have any questions.

A copy of this letter has been provided to law enforcement.


Richard Roe

Cc: Anytown Police Department

Tags: ,

Category: Warning Letters